- Only the bonafide students, faculty, and staff are allowed to borrow resources.
- Number of Books Allowed for Loans
- Undergraduate Students - 5 books and subject for 2 renewals
- Graduate Students - 10 books subject for 2 renewals
- Post Graduate - 10 books subject for 2 renewals
- Faculty & Staff - Maximum of 15 books subject for 2 renewals
- Reserve Books. Students/Faculty may check out one book for overnight use at 5:00 pm and must be returned the following morning as soon as the library opens.
- General Reference Books, Filipiniana Reference, Periodicals, Theses, Baby Theses, Pamphlet Files and Vertical File Clippings, Curriculum Library Resources, Fernandez Collection, and Archives are for room use only but with permission, they may be taken out for photocopy purposes. In some cases, periodicals may be loaned overnight or on weekends. CD-ROMS are for room use only.
- Overdue Fines. A fine shall be collected to an overdue material/s with the amount of Php3.00 per day for circulation books and per hour for reserve books, reference, and periodicals excluding Saturdays and holidays.
- Lost Book. Please report lost book/s immediately to the Circulation counter. A lost book should be replaced with the same title or pay the amount of the book plus the P150.00 processing fee and the computed fines.
- Photocopying and scanning of library materials. Only abstracts and 10% of the total pages of baby theses, master’s theses, and dissertations are allowed. Books or electronic resources are not allowed to be reproduced except for backup or when the demand for use is heavy.
- Alumni are entitled to 10 free visits or use of the physical books only.
- Visitors are welcome any time the library is open. Php50.00 will be collected per visit per head.
- Using gadgets inside the library is only for educational and research purposes.
- Use of computers. Undergraduate students are entitled to use ITSS for 75 hours per term. Graduate students, faculty, and staff are entitled to use the graduate library for unlimited hours. Alumni and visitors must pay Php 30.00 per hour for using computers or laptops.
- Customer’s Conduct inside the Library:
- Proper conduct is expected of the users at all times. Any staff on duty has the authority to call the attention of anyone causing disturbances inside.
- Practice good habits to prevent the spread of viruses.
- Cell phones should be turned off or silent upon entering the library. Receive calls outside the library.
- Seats are not to be disarranged.
- Carrels are for a single user only. For group work, a table is available for use.
- Dress Code. Library users are expected to wear shoes/sandals or any attire that reflects decency, simplicity, and modesty. Modest attire fully covers the breast, belly, and thighs. Wearing of spaghetti blouse (for
ladies), undershirts (for men), short pants (except
official/prescribed PE uniform), and slippers are out of
place in the library.
- Mutilation. The pages of a book are accounted for before it is loaned out. Missing pages of returned books and periodicals must be replaced with the same title or paid for. If a duplicate copy is available, Php 50.00 per page is
charged for the photocopy and repair.
- Public services shall cease 15 minutes before the indicated closing time to enable the staff members to put the library in order for the next day’s work.
- Take care of your valuables. The library is not accountable for any losses and damage to any personal belongings left unattended inside the building. Any item left behind will be claimed the following opening day.
- Violation of the rules of conduct, mutilation, and theft of library materials shall be reported to the Student Affairs Office for proper disposition, recording, and disciplinary action.
Rules and regulations
JLDM Library Current Awareness Hits: 4929