Rules and Regulations
1. Observe silence.
2. Number of Books Allowed for Loans
Undergrad Students 5 books subject to renewal
Graduate Students 10 books subject to renewal
Post Graduate 10 books subject to renewal
Faculty & Staff Maximum of 15 books subject to renewal
Faculty on-call books 3 weeks/book subject to renewal
Administration Officials Case to case basis
3. Reserve Books. Students/Faculty may check out one book for overnight use at 5:00 pm and must be returned the following morning as soon as the library opens.
4. General Reference Books, Filipiniana Reference, Periodicals, Theses, Baby Theses, Pamphlet Files and Vertical File Clippings, Curriculum Library Resources, Fernandez Collection and Archives are for room use only but with permission they may be taken out for photocopy purpose. In some cases, periodicals may be loaned overnight or week-ends. CD-ROMs are for room use only.
5. Lost Book. Please report lost book/s immediately to the Circulation counter. A lost book should be replaced with the same title or pay the amount of the book plus P150.00 processing fee and the computed fines.
6. Overdue Books. A fine of Php5.00 per day shall be collected for circulation books excluding Saturdays and holidays. For Reserve books, Reference and Periodicals, Php5.00 per hour shall be collected.
7. Lost date due card. A fine of P100.00 will be collected every time a date due card is lost.
8. Photocopying of library materials. Only abstracts and 10% of the total pages of baby theses, master’s theses and dissertations are allowed. Books or electronic resources are not allowed to be reproduced except for back up or when demand of use is heavy.
9. Customer’s Conduct Inside the Library:
a. Proper conduct is expected to the users at all times. Any staff on duty has the authority to call the attention of anyone causing disturbances inside.
b. Cell phones should be turned off upon entering the library.
c. Seats are not to be disarranged.
d. Carrels are for single user only. For group works, a table is available for use.
e. Students can use their laptop inside the premise of the library provided they are used to enhance their research needs.
f. Foods should be eaten and leave outside the library.
g. Dress Code. Library users are expected to wear shoes or sandals and uniforms in the library or any attire that reflect decency, simplicity and modesty. A modest attire fully covers the breast, belly and thighs. Wearing of spaghetti blouse (for ladies), undershirts (for men), short pants, and slippers is out-of-place in the library.
10. The pages of a book are accounted for before it is loaned out. Missing pages of returned books and periodicals has to be replaced with the same title or paid for. If a duplicate copy is available, Php 50.00 per page is charged for the photocopy and repair.
11. Public services shall cease 15 minutes before the indicated closing time to enable the staff members to put the library in order for the next day’s work.
12. Lost baggage number. A fine of Php100.00 will be collected every time a baggage number is lost. No refund after one week if ever the card is found or once the money is already remitted to the university cashier.
13. Alumni are entitled for 10 free visits or use of the printed resources only. Electronic resources are excluded. Php30.00 per visit will be collected after the free visits.
14. Visitors are welcome any time the library is open. Php50.00 will be collected per visit per person.
15.Use of computers. Undergraduate students are entitled to use in ITC for 75 hours per term. Graduate students, faculty and staff are entitled to use at the graduate library for unlimited hours. Alumni and visitors are required to pay Php 30.00 per hour for using computers or laptops.
16. Violation of the rules of conduct, mutilation and theft of library materials shall be reported to the Student Services Office for proper disposition, recording, and disciplinary action.